Sunday, October 28, 2012

What is normal anyway???


I am dragging...and limping...and hurting tonight!  I think I've overdone it a wee tad bit.  I know I'm in remission and all, but I suppose it is still possible to overdo things (?).  I think that's normal, but then again I'm not sure I've exactly figured out what normal is supposed to be.  I'm just now getting back to work full time on a somewhat consistent basis, and last week was a pretty big week for me being in the office every day as well as having something going on every night of the week.  I really wanted to get back into the gym after being sick and unable to go.  I think I ache as much from being in bed as I do from physical activity.  So gym...check.  Morgan's first night of a new ballet class (which actually turned out to be a tap-ballet combo with the first night being tap - whoops)...check.  Out for dinner for a friend's birthday...check.  Fall carnival at Morgan's school...check. 

Our little under the sea fairy
A what was I thinking 730 parent-teacher conference at Morgan's school to work to an after work appointment...check.  Race for the Cure at the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday morning...check.  For some reason I decided to jog even though I haven't gone jogging since I got sick.  Again what was I thinking.  Maybe these meds are affecting my brain more than I though.  Take Morgan to the park...check. 
I love when the slide does this to her hair!

Make Halloween cupcakes & go to a birthday party...check. 
She sings everything instead of saying it...my friend Shanna will vouch that I totally used to (still do actually) do this. 

Take Morgan to the zoo...check. It was a great day for the zoo, and I wouldn't take it back for all the aches in the world.  We got up close and personal to the tigers, zebras, and elephants.  And Morgan was doing a great job practicing her smiles for the camera.  Happy little girl!


The closest one of the Sumatran Tigers have ever been while there!
Introducing Sprinkles the horse to the giraffes

According to the guide on the train once, this species of zebra are actually aggressive.  Who knew zebras could even be aggressive and mean?!?


I just love her!
I digress...so back to this aching thing.  Here it is Sunday night, and my left knee is killing me.  My Achilles behind both feet are killing me.  My back is killing me.  Either my 30s are catching up quickly, my 40s are coming early, or my body just isn't really ready for the old normal.  Then again, maybe this is my new normal.  I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment